- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, snipped, or golden raisins, snipped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 2 pounds uncooked ground chicken or turkey
- 1 16 – ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. For meatballs, in a very large bowl, beat egg with a fork. Stir in bread crumbs, dried cranberries or raisins, onion, salt, garlic powder, and cloves or allspice. Add ground chicken or turkey; mix well. Shape into 60 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in prepared pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until done (165 degrees F).*
- Meanwhile, in a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, stir together cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Add cooked meatballs, stirring gently to coat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. (Meatballs may be kept warm on low-heat setting for up to 1 hour more.) Serve with toothpicks. Makes 60 meatballs.
This is one of many recipes I’ve actually made from: